Yes, you read that correctly! I am going to have a love affair......with my heart! February is National Heart Health Month and so what better time to start new heart-ful rituals and refresh some old ones. Rituals don't need to be time consuming. Sometimes it's as simple as remembering to take your Omega 3 vitamin. Did you ever think about what your heart does for you? I mean, every second, of every hour, of every day, of every week, of every month, of every year for your entire life....your heart is beating for you! It never lets you down. That's incredible. The heart is also a part of our colloquialism: "have a heart", "with all my heart", "the heart of the matter", "heartfelt", "let your heart be your guide", "wear your heart on your sleeve", and the list goes on!
According to the Institute of HeartMath, the heart has been scientifically proven to have an intelligence all its own and communicates with the brain. The heart has also been referred to as "the other brain." Your heart is often your signal of danger when it rapidly beats and can be used to calm and center yourself.
So, in celebration of Valentine's Day and the Month of February, here are 10 ways you too can have a love affair with your heart:
1. Take the stairs instead of the elevator. "Go the extra mile" and add 2,000 steps to your day.
2. Pace Instead of Race. Slow it down and take conscious breaths several times a day.
3. Accept The Things You Cannot Change. Let go of trying to fix everything.
4. Help others. Giving back to others is a self-ful act and good for your heart and soul.
5. Quiet the negative self-talk. Try saying I love you, I love you, I love you!
6. Get more sleep. On Sundays, set your alarm clock just 15 minutes later.
7. Watch an I Love Lucy episode and have a good belly laugh.
8. Getting it off your chest is good for your heart.
9. Smile. It's an easy way to burn calories.
10. Listen to your heart. Yes, your heart does speak to you.....close your eyes, put your hand on your heart and silently ask a question. And just listen.
Paula G. Rosario
All Authenticity Celebrate Choice Courage Create Energy Shift Frustration Fun Goals Goddess Grace Gratitude Growth Guilty Pleasures Health Heart Imagination Imagine Inspiration Life Lessons Love Loving Miracle Mother-goddess Negative Statements Opposites Oprah Overwhelm Positive Statements Power Of Intention Rally Show Up For You Stay-at-home Moms Support Survival Thank You The Edge Of Madness Thrival Time Tv Vision Visualize What's Wrong? Woowoo Strategies For Success Working Moms Yin & Yang
What They Are Saying About Paula
Laura West, President & Chief Creative Officer, www.centerforjoyfulbusiness.com